Malone Given Parsons Ltd. is a leading land use planning consulting firm that provides community planning, urban design, land economic analysis, growth management, public consultation, geographic information system analysis, and project management services throughout the Greater Golden Horseshoe. We are a creative and innovative team of professionals who plan and design great communities and deliver incisive advice. We are looking for an Intermediate Planner to join our team and contribute to our passion for excellence in planning.
MGP is known for bringing to all projects superior leadership, credibility, and communication skills. These skills are critical to the planning process and facilitation of workshops, stakeholder meetings, and public meetings. Having completed over 2,500 planning assignments since our inception, we work on some of the most prominent and exciting planning projects. We value professional excellence and growth amongst our staff and the ability to work collaboratively alongside our public and private sector clients (developers, provincial and municipal staff, agencies, the public and a wide range of key stakeholder groups).
We are seeking bright, self-confident and ambitious individuals to join our team at the Intermediate Planner level.
The Intermediate Planner(s) will be responsible for providing fulsome support and project management for a variety of complex land use planning projects. The following are ideal qualifications for the position:
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience with a land development firm, private consulting practice, or municipal development review;
- Advanced working knowledge of the principles, methods and best practices of land use planning and project management;
- Strengths in research, planning policy analysis, report writing, planning approvals, public consultation and presentations to committee and councils in support of development approvals in the Greater Golden Horseshoe;
- A strong understanding of the Planning Act and Provincial/municipal planning policies, related plans and guidelines;
- A client-focussed mindset in managing multiple and complex residential, commercial, employment and mixed-use projects;
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communication, analytical and organization skills with attention to detail;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Use of a personal vehicle with valid G license and partial business insurance;
- Graduate from an accredited University Planning Program; and
- A Registered Professional Planner (RPP) in good standing in the Ontario Professional Planning Institute (OPPI).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and availability via email to [email protected] by July 10th, 2017.