Draftsperson / Planning Technician
MGP is looking for a Draftsperson / Planning Technician to join our team of planners, designers and GIS specialists. The successful candidate will work closely with planning staff and with clients on a variety of local and regional projects of varying scale and complexity. Our projects will range from subdivision and site design to master planning of new communities in the GTA. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other disciplines on large multi-disciplinary projects.
- Preparation of plans of subdivision and various concept plans and site plans in AutoCAD and other Illustrative Software’s.
- Knowledge of, and application of Ontario land use planning legislation including the Planning Act, PPS, Places to Grow Plan, Greenbelt Plan, Upper and Lower Tier Official Plans and Zoning Bylaws.
- File management
- Interaction with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong AutoCAD & spatial design skills.
- Knowledge of the land development process (Site Plan, Plan of Subdivision, and Concept Plans).
- Excellent communication and graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines in a team environment.
- A College diploma in urban and regional planning and/or related education is an asset.
- Member of, or eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT).